Monday, September 11, 2006

Heard that before...

A week or so ago, our pastor began his sermon quoting Jeremiah 29:11, and when I heard the address, I halted the motion of my hands to open my Bible to the reference. Why should I? I knew the verse...heard it quoted hundreds of times not to mention it being on every graduation card, and a variety of gifts that have passed through the store. In the midst of my indifferent attitude, I heard Him...that still small voice...delivering a gentle rebuke as only He can.

" Those are my words", He seemed to say to me. "Don't ever let the familiarity block you from receiving what I wish to give you. Today these words are for you...I know the plans I have for you, Brenda Martin, plans to prosper you and not to harm you...plans to give you a future and a hope."

And so I heard the words of the scripture again, with a redeemed attitude.

No comments: