Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ever Learning

Lastnight was such a refreshing evening. A group of about 35 men and women gathered in a living room to bless a friend as she prepares to leave this week for Israel. Several voiced concerns and prayers for her safety, but she assured us of her confidence that the Lord has opened this door for her, and there was no doubt that she was prepared to follow Him as He leads. She will be teaching English to third-graders for ten months, and is very excited about the opportunity. Part of my heart is jealous in a good way...it stirs in me the desire not only to be able to "go", but to be available. My debt has become nothing less than a chain around my neck, and though the learning has been hard, I am determined to be debt free (emphasis on FREE). That, of course, may mean that I will have to venture out and leave my comfort zone...maybe a job change? Relocating? Those used to be huge issues, but their intimidation is weakening. Catch phrases from years of sermons echo in my head..."only what is done for God will last"..."we need to be making deposits into our eternal accounts"..."here am I, Lord, send me"..."Jesus came to give us life more abundantly". What is that abundant life? For me over the last 22 years, it has become a passion to see Him at work...in everything. The mystery of God is that He is so awesome...so inexplainable...and yet so practical and simple. He holds the universe together, and yet His eye is drawn to a falling sparrow...

No comments: