Sunday, March 30, 2008

Inconceivable!!

A year and a half?? It has actually been a year and a half since I have written...WOW! If I had to reflect over that period of time, so much has happened...some good, some not so good. It has been a time of adjustment and new adventure, a time of soul searching and gut wrenching honesty. I have learned and grown, withdrawn and withheld, cried and cried out. Two main things that contributed to my condition were first off, emotional issues regarding family circumstances. The second being a church split. I knew I hated to hear stories of churches breaking up, but now I despise them. It is an incredibly painful experience when you are one who becomes incredibly attached. It wouldn't take much sometimes to get me missing people. But I knew it was affecting me way too deeply. There was something else happening in me. I prayed many times and asked God to help me see what was really going on. Wow!! There were all kinds of things that would surface as a result of that prayer! Step by step, healing along the way and with each day I recommitted myself to rekindle the flame of all that stirs my heart. Today's sermon was a good one for me, and another several weeks back from our youth minister. I am getting my LIFE back and it feels good!!

March marked the one year anniversary of my employment at Shaw Industries, and I am still working part time at the Christian Bookstore where I had been for just shy of 19 years. Bit by bit I am relinquishing my responsibilities there, and as I get my finances in shape, I hope to soon be working one job. I was talking with a friend the other day, and it struck me that I don't think I have ever had a job that I did not have to work weekends...lol...what in the world will I do?? Maybe plant more...I am so proud of my daffodils, and will have to post the irises and lilies when they arrive as well!


I received a call to be a part of the next Tres Dias weekend with Southeast Tennessee, and I am very excited about that. I had to turn down the previous two invitations due to the job situation. But now I once again have vacation time and am able to be involved.

I have many home projects ahead, one of which I just found out about today. There is a leak somewhere in my guest room (the futon room!) and I suspect it is coming from the seal on the outside around the door to the water heater. Should be a simple fix once the rain stops, but the carpet will have to go, and maybe the floor replaced. Compared to other things I have done, this will be a piece of cake!

For now I will have to close this post as I am meeting some gals from work for a night in Chatt town. Dinner at Tony's? Rembrandts? Mmmmmmmmm...

God's richest blessings on you!

10 comments:

Tamara Chastain said...

I am so glad you are going to be working the next TD weekend. Love, Tamara

Maddie said...

Yea! I am glad you got the call to work and am even more glad that you are getting your life back!!!

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Wow, I just found you on here, too!!! You're just popping up everywhere in my life recently. Again, I can't tell you what a blessing from God you are. He uses you, Bernie don't discount what God does in your life. He has you where He needs you right now. I know that for a fact!!! I'll have to tell you a long story one day-maybe real soon. Great deal on the TD weekend. I haven't been called, but I'm afraid I would have to turn this one down if I was. I'm tired and broke. I've worked the last three and I promised my husband that we would take a little break.
love you,
Terri

Jenny said...

This post just makes my heart so happy! You are such a wonderful blessing to me and many others. That's exciting that you'll be working the upcoming weekend. I'm glad you're getting your life back and things are in order. You're awesome. That about sums it up!

Klingbeil Family said...

So glad I can check up on you on your blog. I feel like I hardly ever see you. I miss being able to pop into the store and visit with you whenever I want. Now, I can pop in on here and visit with you - sort-of!! Love those daffodils. Love you much.
Marilyn

Tammy Howard said...

Hey Bern! Love your site. I had to go all the way back and read from the beginning....because I know you have cool things to say.

I'm glad you are out here and at our church. I'm glad you hung on through the split with the rest of us. We are all starting to see the fruit of that labor around the church....and I know greater things are coming.

God will continue to work on your life....you just continue to hang on to him and you will see all things work out in his time.

I can't wait to hear more!

Tammy

Bridenstine4 said...

Hey, Bernie!
Sorry we didn't see you. Gorgeous flowers.

Brad and Shana said...

Hey Bernie~

I'm celebrating with you in what God is doing with your life. It is great to take back what is yours from God.

I'm also super stoked (hows that for an 80s flashback) that you will be working the TD weekend. I've had many conversations with God that I'm more than willing should he want to use me.

Love you
Shana

Bridenstine4 said...

Ok, Bernie. I know I've already commented on this blog---but, it just can't be another year and a half before you give us an update on all your ongoings! How are the flowers? How's work?

Katie Fleming said...

So Glad to hear everything is working out for you. Love ya, Katie


P.S: How was the meal Doug and Nana Cooked?